Yesterday, Frankie and I went out to join in the festivities of the return of our National Champion Men's Baseball Team! There was an awesome homecoming parade, complete with two firetrucks, a bunch of police cars, and the little dog run carts. Despite being last minute, it was totally packed! Fresno really came out and came together to cheer on our athletes. I couldn't help but laugh about the odd mix of the crowd. There were really cute suburban families, mixed in with students, leatherclad motorcycle enthusiasts, and even tattooed covered gentlemen that I'm pretty sure were part of the bulldog gang! They kept flashing their tattoed chests at the players, which led me to suspect that they weren't alumni, which was really the best part because everyone was getting along so well because of the victory. Here's a couple pictures from the event.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Go Dogs!
Yesterday, Frankie and I went out to join in the festivities of the return of our National Champion Men's Baseball Team! There was an awesome homecoming parade, complete with two firetrucks, a bunch of police cars, and the little dog run carts. Despite being last minute, it was totally packed! Fresno really came out and came together to cheer on our athletes. I couldn't help but laugh about the odd mix of the crowd. There were really cute suburban families, mixed in with students, leatherclad motorcycle enthusiasts, and even tattooed covered gentlemen that I'm pretty sure were part of the bulldog gang! They kept flashing their tattoed chests at the players, which led me to suspect that they weren't alumni, which was really the best part because everyone was getting along so well because of the victory. Here's a couple pictures from the event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment