Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I have my eye on..

this new beauty from Ikea. Now I'm not a huge fan of the yellow, so the plan would be to paint the entire thing white, and then replace the backing (particle board) with some bead board painted a really pale blue. At this point we would use it for extra kitchen storage, but I think it could also be used as a bookcase, craft/sewing storage, or linen closet in the future. We'll definitely wait till we get our tax return, so I have some time to think about it. Oh and best part, unlike most Ikea furniture, this is actually made out of pine. I'm hoping that means it could last a lot longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute piece of furniture. I actually like baby blue and yellow. So why not just add another color to your home, yellow.

Annette