Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crazy, Crazy March

Pete and I have turned into two traveling fools this month, spending three of the four weekends of March up in the Central Valley. Fortunately, there was much to celebrate with our families, and although exhausted, we thought it was very worth it to be apart of those memories and events.
The first part of the month was spent in preparation and celebration of Mike and Stephanie's wedding. Pete was the Best Man, and threw Mike's Bachelor party the first weekend, while Kirsten and I got to help Stephanie move into their new home. Then the next weekend was the big day. Pete and I were both a little nervous since I was reading in the wedding, and he was giving a toast, but we got through our parts just fine, and it was great to see Mike and Stephanie so happy, and to spend time with our family. We are so happy for the two of them and had a blast helping set up and celebrate.Then after Pete went home on Sunday after the wedding, I stayed to help my sister by watching the girls during the week while she went to the hospital to have her baby! It was a super eventful week and I missed Pete like crazy, but the girls and I had a great time, and my sister had little Vienna Scarlet on St. Patrick's day. She is so beautiful and we are so happy she's finally here.
Peter came back to get me and to meet Vienna last Friday. I was so happy to see him! Before heading home we hopped up to Ceres to see our good friend Daniel and his awesome new pad, and even got a bonus tour of the Gallo Winery campus. Then we stopped into Reedley on our way south, and visited with our friends Mat and Kai. It was great to see their new home after they've had time to decorate and do some updates, and Kai fixed us a great dinner, complete with lettuce she'd grown herself. I'm seriously looking into growing lettuce on our little balcony now!

So that sums up our March. Needless to say, we're doing nothing more than enjoying our couch, some home cooking, and some movies during this last week. Can't wait to see what April has in store.

No comments: