
Our new place is actually situated on the Claremont/Upland border with us on one side, and Pete's job site, just .7 miles, to the other side. Not a bad commute, huh?
The inside of our apartment will look pretty similar to this model and is aptly named the 'Harvey'. It's actually named after Harvey Mudd College located just down the street, but I find it all the more charming anyway.The best part...see that W/D between the kitchen and bathroom? Oh yes, that is our very own Washer and Dryer!! Other great new features: the deck is quite a bit bigger than our current one (read: we can actually sit out on it), and we get a non-attached single car garage which doubles as extra storage space. Hooray for extras! I'm liking Upland over Pasadena already. : )
I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about spending months lost around town again. Pasadena, as cool as it is, was a pretty tough transition. Although, this time we'll have a bit of a head start as Tony and Kirsten (Pete's brother and our sister-in-law) live pretty close. We've been to lots of places nearby when visiting them, so hopefully it won't be so bad this time. I've been busy looking up future hot spots like the grocery store, bank, and my favorite frozen yogurt place, so that might help take some of the foreignness out of it.
Any other suggestions for making a new place feel more like home?


1 comment:
That was an awesome summary of your new place! I can't wait to come and visit!
Post a Comment