Brief Version: ![]() This vanilla ice cream is so good! The Back Story: Several months ago, as I was waiting in the grocery store check out line, I was a little concerned to read on the label of my ice cream carton, that it contained less than 2% of dairy products. I was dumbfounded. What in the world was the other 98%? Now I get that if you have to avoid dairy (poor Mom), then this new ice cream making method might be good, although even then I would think it should be sort of an all or nothing sort of thing, especially because this type of fake ice cream doesn't even taste very good. If you can enjoy dairy, why substitute? So, to the point, this weekend on our anniversary get away, we quickly grabbed a little carton of Haagen Dazs at the grocery store for dessert. I chose it purely for it's small size, but lo and behold it was best vanilla ice cream (outside of homemade) that I've had in a really long time. At least part of the secret? There is only five ingredients in this stuff: Milk, Cream, Sugar, Eggs, and Vanilla. Novel concept, eh? So anyways, I'm really excited that I accidently found really good tasting ice cream at the supermarket that is actually made out of what I thought Ice cream was made out of in the first place. Thought I would share. : ) |
Monday, August 10, 2009
I scream a little for ice cream...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment