- Exercise: We were running on the track until the LA fires started, and I'd like to get back to it. The treadmill just isn't the same. I feel a lot like a hamster after a couple of days (can anyone relate?). I'd like to be running 3-5 miles a week. Also, sit ups! I have my dance students doing tons while I tout how important it is to maintain core strength--um, yeah, I'm feeling a little hypocritical. : )
- Lunches: Now that I feel like I have dinner more under control, I need to do something about lunches. Poor Pete has sandwiches almost everyday, and I'm concerned about the nitrate thing. I'd like to come up with something else that I could make up in big batches ahead of time and would be easy enough for him to take to work, be filling, and less processed. (Any ideas?)
- Cleaning: I've come pretty far in this area, but still have a long way to go. I feel so good about the laundry--my new schedule makes it so easy-- but I'm realizing that I need to make an effort to sweep and mop more regularly. That's the chore I always seem to be putting off. Now that I've finally bought a mop, I just need to be more intentional about it. (How do you entice yourself to do the chore that you hate?)
- Creativity: Now I'm starting to understand why people who do crafts, sewing, (etc.) seem to have so much stuff. While I wasn't looking, my supplies (mostly fabric) seem to have multiplied. As fun as it is to have craft stuff on hand, having too much goes in direct conflict with my goal to live simply and with less "stuff" lying around. My resolution is two fold: Do the projects I have materials for before buying ANYTHING else -- and -- organize what I do have so that materials are easy to find and make a list of projects that are possible with what I already have.
What are your goals for this new season?

No comments:
Post a Comment