Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting Sentimental

Jacinda and I were talking the other day about preserving good memories in untraditional ways, sparked by her friend Heather's latest project here.
You may have noticed in our living room tour, the key framed on our entertainment center. It's the key to our first apartment together. I could have thrown it in a drawer, but as the sentimentalist I am, framing it as a token of our memories in that place was the better option. Yes, Pete did have a good chuckle at me, as you might too, but it makes me happy every time I see it.
Also, I kept the cork from the champagne we drank on our first anniversary and wrote the event and date on it. Right now it's also in the entertainment center sitting in the glass pear. I've heard of people doing this for all their special occasions and then keeping them as a collection. Not sure if we drink enough drinks with corks to do this, but we'll see. Either way, I like having this one. : )

What sort of ways do you preserve memories in
untraditional or even traditional ways?

No comments: