Pete thinks I can't swim and likes to tease me about it all the time. Actually, I can swim, I just don't like to get too technical about it. Dog paddling is good enough for me. Now I'm sure any family member will also interject that I don't like getting my face wet, which maybe has always been true, but I'd say I just don't like to worry about my contacts or having wet hair.
So back to why I don't dive...
Pete and I were out at the pool yesterday and he challenged me to jump in. I was feeling competitive so I did. Then he mentioned that he'd never seen me dive--ever. He didn't believe I could do it.
Surprisingly, in regard to how I feel about swimming in general, I actually really like to dive. My dad taught me when I was little and I think it's pretty. Although, for the life of me, I couldn't come up with a time ever in the last five years that I'd done it. I remember skinning my nose on the bottom of the Hoffman's pool as a kid, but other than that, I couldn't think of any reason I had stopped doing it. Once again, feeling set to prove myself I dove in--and my top and bottoms fell off! Oh, right...that's why I don't dive. A terrible idea in a two peice! : )

No comments:
Post a Comment