I am always so excited to leave the library with several new books to consume without having left a dime. (ok, well sometimes a quarter if I'm overdue, but you get the idea : ) Still even if I paid a quarter a book, that's still an excellent deal. Added bonus, I don't have to find a place to store so many books. They do it for me.
I've been utilizing the Claremont Library since we moved here and loving that it is linked into the Los Angeles County Library system. Using their online catalog, I can request books from far and wide, and then walk over and pick them up at the front desk once they email me that they're in. It's truly fantastic and so, so easy.
If you aren't using your local library, check it out! You might be surprised by what you will find there. Not only your average fiction (literature) and non-fiction (read: books for research) books, but also craft books, decorating books, books on green living, sewing, cookbooks (this may be wrong, but you can photocopy your favorite recipes out for personal use!) etc. Whatever your hobby (organizing anyone?) you're likely to find something there to spark your interest and passion further.
If you're like me, your only problem will be a sore shoulder from lugging too many great books home and indecisiveness over which great book to read next!
Till next time, happy reading!
(Anyone else having a Reading Rainbow Flashback right about now? : )
What are you currently reading?
or what is your all time favorite book?
or what is your all time favorite book?
3 comments:
Of course I love libraries! I haven't had to use our public library too much lately because I have a wide range of friends and relatives who are avid readers who pass on their favorites to me. I rarely buy books but I broke down recently and bought one at Costco: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I highly recommend it! I've told many about this book and everyone has enjoyed it. Check it out. It's been on the paperback best seller list for ages. My favorite children's book is Secret Garden.
Love to you and Pete, Susan
How funny! That's one of the books I just checked out. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm so looking forward to reading it!
Let me know what you think. I had to keep a list of who was who.
Post a Comment