Monday, December 7, 2009

News

So not everyone knows yet, but we're in escrow on a house! There are still some negotiations about repairs that need to be settled, but if that goes well, we'll close in either late December or the first week or two in January.  The house was built in 1962 and is definitely a "fixer", but we really like it and would enjoy doing most of the work ourselves. It's mostly cosmetic stuff, the bones of the house seem to be in pretty good shape. It's three bedrooms and two baths. Here's a couple of pictures for you:

Listing Photo

Wood Floors and Fireplace

Lots and lots of plants including these Roses


and even a blue bathtub!
The flooring and counter tops are damaged and need to be replaced.
I'm thinking white tile for the counter, any ideas for the floor?
I plan to paint the vanity and walls white...sink is also blue.
Definitely not what I would have picked, but we're trying to embrace it : )
Good thing it's blue and not pink.

So there you have it! I was waiting till the inspection occurred to post.  I'll try to update as we know more.

~Marissa

2 comments:

Kai said...

you can do white tile on the floor too, there are some good options for that. or if you want to get crazy, which you probably dont, you can do something fun like white tile with blue mosaic accents or something like that. im totally willing to help! so excited for you guys! congrats!

Pratt Family said...

So exciting about the house!!! We wish you the best of luck!! Keep us posted on everything! We completely re-did ours (well the floors and walls at least) when we bought in July so have some good tips! XOXO Cousin Nicole