Thursday, January 20, 2011

One other project...

In addition to all the projects in the last post, there is one other side project we have under construction. That's right, we're expecting a little baby H at the end of July! We are both so excited, and thrilled to finally be able to share the news with you!
We were ecstatic to be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time yesterday! and then to top what couldn't have been more awesome, we actually got to see little baby H for the first time during an ultrasound this morning! I am still so amazed that there is this tiny little baby in there with not only a heartbeat, but a little nose. It's profile was so cute. Nothing could have prepared me for that. I can't believe the tiny thing is only three inches long right now.

In this one you can barely make out the profile of the baby's head. See the nose? This one is my favorite. (These sort of seem to be like those magic eye pictures. If you can't see it yet, imagine the baby is laying on it's back looking up at my name in the top left corner.)
 
I kept telling Pete last night, "I can't believe there's really a baby in there with a heartbeat!" To which he would reply, "You hope it's a baby!" That's a little alien humor in case it's not clear. : ) Good thing we got to see pictures today and confirm that it does look to be human after all!


I can't leave out a gratuitous belly shot. I am totally sticking it out for effect in this picture. : ) I'm not really showing at all yet, although it's getting harder everyday to keep it all in!

I hope you liked seeing the pictures. : ) Thank you for sharing in our joy with us! 

5 comments:

Jacinda said...

Yay!!! So glad you posted pictures. Already knew of course, since I am your sister, but I'm happy to share the news with others now! Love you! Oh that heartbeat and little nose makes it all seem so real, huh?! I am so thrilled for you both. xoxoxo

Tucker Family said...

Congratulations! How very exciting. You (and Baby H) look great! Hope you have been feeling good so far. Enjoy every moment of the pregnancy.
-Sarah

Kai said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to meet him/her!!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo happy for you and Pete! Can't wait to see more tummy photos! Isn't it amazing when you hear that tiny little heart beating?! Congratulations to you both. xoxo

Kathy said...

Marissa and Pete,
We are soooo very excited for you!! Can't wait to follow your progress on your blog. Take good care of yourself. Your house looks amazing by the way and you are surely ready now for this new additional Blessing in your lives.
We love you,
Aunt Kathy and Uncle Don