Awhile ago, I talked about the four different zones we had going on in our backyard. As if Pete wasn't busy enough working on our bedroom furniture, he's been all about digging stuff out in Zone 3 - where we hope to someday put grass. This first picture shows the status two weekends ago. To give you an idea, those Oleanders, while being a nice pink shade, were sticking out from the fence at least nine feet. I'm not exaggerating. There were also something like eight of them left. (They used to run from that back corner, almost all the way to the street.) Oh, and apparently they are poisonous, too, so they had to go.
Now, here's a current picture. On his first work day he topped all of them and continued the privacy lattice to the end of the fence line. Sometime since then, he's dug out two more of the metal fence posts, and a good majority of the stumps. I think there might only be two or three more left in that back corner.
Now imagine it with lush grass. Maybe next year!
I think he's really hoping to at least get those last couple stumps out before the baby comes. He said the posts won't grow back, so they are less of a concern. : ) Although he joked that maybe when people visited the baby they could each nominate one person from their party to do a little digging while they were here. We'll even graciously loan out the shovels! You're welcome. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment