Last night for dinner, I decided to try out a new recipe: Bacon Corn Chowder. I've heard some mixed reviews on the dish, but at the time I thought it sounded pretty good. I mean c'mon it has bacon in it. It has to be kind of good.
If it is ever good, this batch was not it! It started out okay, the potatoes looked pretty good, but the farther along I got, the more disgusting it seemed, and by the time Peter got home I wanted to cry it was so bad.
Now we all now how great of a guy Peter is, but can you believe he actually ate some of this to make me feel better? I told him he didn't have to, and to be honest I didn't even want to eat it, but he went ahead and ate half a mug. If there was ever any doubt, it can now be concluded that I have the most brave and considerate husband around.
This picture was taken after it sat there for a couple hours, but I promise you it didn't look much better at dinner time. I was able to laugh about it by then, so Peter helped me to take a couple pictures. Believe it or not, this was the best one. : )
2 comments:
I am so sorry about your corn chowder. Sorry but that did not sound good to me eithor. If it makes you feel any better, when I first married your Dad we were given the prettiest pots and pans - enamel ware. EVERYTHING stuck in them, even bacon. As soon as I got a job I purchased a good set of pans and boy did my cooking improve. Thank goodness you can laugh at yourself. Next time try a broth based soup or just leave out the corn. Peter you are a good man!
love Mom
Tragic.
Post a Comment