Monday, November 17, 2008

Apple Galette

Although all my recent cooking attempts have not turned out so well lately, this Apple Galette was a great achievement! This was my second try at it, and it turned out even better than the first. I loosely followed this Real Simple recipe, and substituted a bit using 8 green apples and a homemade pie crust. I even doubled the pie crust recipe to have an extra to freeze for next time. (I used the basic recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook.) Less work than an apple pie, and just as tasty if not tastier, plus I love the simple rustic look.

What is your favorite dessert? Easy or otherwise.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite dessert is Apple Galette!

Anonymous said...

I had some and it was awesome!
Love,
Dad

Unknown said...

Wow, I am impressed! That looks delicious. I'de love to try it. I am very impressed with how well your cooking skills are growing. A great wife knows how to cook what her husband loves!