
Kirsten was kind enough to loan me her little blue sewing machine so that I could whip up these pillows. They are meant to be big floor pillows for lounging around on the ground or extra seating for company. I made them out of some leftover heavy sky blue denim, complete with a sham opening in the back in case I need to clean them or change them out for another cover. I had to experiment with the measurements a little, and had some trouble with the bobbin, but at last they turned out pretty presentable.
They are a little plain still. Any ideas for a way to dress them up? My current project: Curtains for our bedroom.
Do you sew? What was your favorite project?
1 comment:
You could always add some ribbon in stripes or as a border. Although it is a little harder to add embellishments once the product is done, but it is possible. Or your could add another fabric shape square or another shape and sew it into the middle of the square, and let the light blue be the border. I think they turned out very nice, and don't necessarily need anything else. It also depends on what your other pillows on the couch look like. Some times you can get too many things going for 1 room. Great job with the sewing. I always knew you could do it once you had the motivation. It is a great hobby, and makes a house a home with your personal touches. Love Mom.
Post a Comment