Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry (almost) Christmas!

Check out our new stockings! I just finished making them on Monday, and they sure make our apartment look more festive. I used some red flannel (cut from discounted Target sheets) and doubled it up so they would be thick enough. I then quilted the front and added some ribbons to distinguish them from each other.
Here is a close up of Pete's. I put green grosgrain ribbons on his. I was going for a manly look. : )...and this one is mine. I used red satin ribbon and a delicate silver cord.

I'm really happy with the way they turned out. Not too shabby for my first attempt at sewing something besides straight lines. I'm still deciding if I should put our names or initials on them somehow. Any ideas?

Have you made any of your Christmas decorations? Do you have traditions with stockings?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your stockings are really darling! Great job. And yours are done, where as mine are still unfinished, and the family keeps growing. love you Mom