Monday, January 5, 2009

Look what I got!

I know my Granny will be so happy that I'm this excited about plants. A green thumb runs through the family and I'm hoping I might have it too. Just in case though, I'm starting small.

First, I got two houseplants. (The Peace lily is going strong, but the bromilliade had a little accident in the kitchen involving a dish and decapitation.) Oh well, at least it wasn't from a lack of watering.

Next, I got a Rosemary plant from our local Farmer's Market. It smells so fresh and I love being able to cook with something that I grew.

And now, presenting my latest additions...Succulents! Peter got me the cool rose paddle plant in the brown pot. Dad, you got me the grape-looking one in the front green pot (Donkey Tail). And then I got the two big ones in the back and the aloe plant with birthday money from Granny. Now my rosemary plant has patio friends!

Next step: Bulbs!

Have you tried to grow anything? and if so, what color is your thumb?

No comments: