Thursday, February 12, 2009

This weeks menu:

Monday: Hotdogs at Costco
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken, Buttered Noodles, and Green Beans
Wednesday: Pizza (w/ Italian sausage, tomatoes, basil, and three cheeses) with Salad
Thursday: Potroast in the crockpot, potatoe soup and broccoli
Friday: Yard House Happy Hour
Saturday: Tri Tip Steaks, Alfredo with Rottini, and Salad

Review:
Monday: Can't beat a three dollar dinner for two, unless maybe it was anything healthier : )

Tuesday: I marinated the chicken all day which made it so good, and I never thought I'd have a "favorite" vegetable, but steamed green beans are my favorite after asparagus.

Wednesday: I love this pizza! Besides the work of making the dough, this is so easy to put together for how good it tastes. I make the dough ahead and keep it in the freezer, and the blend of mozzarella, Parmesan, and feta is really good.

Thursday: This was my first try with the crockpot and it worked out fine, although Pete and I decided that neither of us really love pot roast. It was super on sale though, so that made it worth it. I really liked the potato soup recipe, although I would omit the onions next time. I've been looking all over for a potato soup recipe that wasn't disgustingly unhealthy (ie. adding a whole tub of sour cream) not realizing I had a great one in the Betty Crocker Cooking Basics book Mom gave me several years ago. (I forgot to cook the broccoli. Maybe we'll have it Saturday.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a great menu to me, maybe i'de skip the costco dogs though. love you, mom.

Beauty to Unveil said...

HI! I found your blog and was going through it. For the pizza dough, Trader Joe's makes great pizza doughs for around $1. You roll it out and everything then top it. Coleman and I like to bake it for half the time before topping it so it cooks all the way through.