Thursday, March 26, 2009

This Week's Menu

Monday: Pizza, Bread sticks, Salad, (mountain dew?), Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tuesday: Steak Kabobs, Rice made in broth, Steamed Asparagus
Wednesday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Thursday: March Madness (we're going to friends and not cooking)
Friday: Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli

Review: Even though I was really sick Monday, I powered through because I was so happy to be back in my own kitchen again. While Pete was at work I made a double batch of pizza dough (enough for 4 pizzas), and a double batch of chocolate chip cookies.

For anyone that doesn't know, Pete's Mom is famous for her chocolate chip cookies. She's so humble if you ask her about them, but ask anyone else, they're great! I hate chocolate and they're so good that I'm willing to pick around the chocolate chips to enjoy them. Unfortunately, I have yet to be super successful with the recipe myself. This time, the dough actually came out really well, but I accidentally overcooked 2 of the 4 pans, and charred the last pan. Oh well, at least I got one okay pan. We had friends over for dinner, so I sent home 2 each with them, and we have just crumbs left of our plate. The overcooked ones are in the freezer--Pete said he'd eat them with Icecream.
As for the pizza, it came off without any huge hitch this time! The first time I ever made it, it was pretty perfect until I broke a dinner glass right next to it. (Yes we still ate it after looking for glass)! The second time, I burnt my hand and dropped it face first onto the inside of the oven door. This time went pretty fine, although I do need to invest into a pizza peel (essentially a spatula big enough for pizzas) so that I can transfer the finished product to the table without two people and every big knife, spatula we own. : )

Oh, and the Mountain Dew...Pete loooves it, but I'm kind of a jerk of a wife and want him to live past 35, so I rarely buy it. Only for special occasions. (Don't feel to bad for him though, he gets one on a regular basis from the gas station on his way back to work after lunch : ) Anyways, these other friends like it as well, so I thought it could be a special treat.
I'll finish my reviews later this week. Right now I need to get ready to go to Tony and Kirsten's. Our hot water has been off for two days now, and they've kindly offered their shower. Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

GO Martha, it's your birthday!

Marissa said...

Ha, ha :)