Saturday, June 6, 2009

When life hands you lemons...make Margaritas!

Lemons were on sale at the grocery store last week, and they just looked too pretty to pass up. I am normally not an impulse buyer at the grocery store (I'll show you my grocery list "system" another time), but I keep hearing all these great uses for lemons and I was suckered in.

Of course, once I brought my lovely lemons home, they sat in a bowl on the table for over a week because I couldn't commit to any those wonderful ideas, but at least they looked pretty in the meantime!
Solution: We had a couple dollars left on a gift card for Macy's so we walked over and picked up the Martha Stewart juicer. (On a side note, although I LOVE the blue color she makes everything in, I have a sneaking suspicion that it will become the Olive Green of my mom's era that all the Tupperware and mixing bowls came in.)
Our six lemons made 1 cup of juice.
Add lots of ice and sugar and a smidge of Tequila...
and we had ourselves two frosty drinks to enjoy at the pool.
I couldn't even taste the difference of the lemon over the lime.
Is one tangier than the other or something?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

mmmm....sounds wonderful!

we need to do another bbq

soon! and make homemade

margaritas! yum yum!

bbq on the horizon!