Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our First Anniversary

Besides our relaxing getaway this weekend, Pete and I planned
to have a nice dinner date at home to celebrate our anniversary and exchange cards.

I was trying to be a little secretive and plan a nice inside dinner, but it was just one of those things that wasn't coming together.

Plan B: A fancy outdoor picnic on our patio!
(Don't you love it when plan B ends up being more fun?)
I laid down several blankets, dragged our coffee table outside, came up with some impromptu (and wrinkled, oops) table clothes, added candles, our china and fancy silverware, some wine, and wa la!
It's fancy picnic time.

Of course it was pretty hot here that day, so instead of having dinner at 6 when Pete got home, we ate a snack, went to get massages (!), and had a late dinner at 8:30 when it had cooled off a bit. Conveniently, our mini blinds acted as the perfect curtain to hide my surprise until dinner time.

The Menu:
Panini's, Ceaser Salad, Grapes, and Cheesecake for dessert

Our view by candlelight:
The other table, with the beautiful flowers Peter brought home for me, and a bottle of the same champagne we served at our wedding to drink in our wedding flutes.It turned out to be such a fun night to celebrate our
first year of marriage together.
I love you Peter!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Very nice! By the way, I approve of the champagne selection... :)

Anonymous said...

Dad said... Very Fancy/Classy!