It is such a beautiful cool day here today--it almost looks as though a storm is on it's way here. This morning I decided to take advantage of the crisp morning and go for a run (after enjoying warm oatmeal on the patio!). I was super excited to be able to wear pants and long sleeves and not be too hot. I was worried the nice weather might burn off by the afternoon, but lucky for me it has stayed nice and refreshing. I have the windows open and I'm happy to be wearing a sweatshirt. So back to the point...
It is finally cool enough for soup! Let's all rejoice! I made a batch of a recipe from
Betty Crocker Cooking Basics that I had tried out
last year. You can find similar directions
here. It's very basic, takes few ingredients, and warms you from the inside out. I omitted the onions this time around and didn't miss them in the least bit. Of course, a little cheese didn't hurt either.
What are you looking most forward to now that the weather's changing?
2 comments:
I also have been enjoying the soup weather. Coleman and I are going to make Bar-B-Cups tonight. Basically a sloppy joe in a muffin form, super easy to make and everybody loves them.
I made stew yesterday...mmm...I'm looking forward to the rain! (Susan)
Post a Comment