Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Let's Play!

I'm so excited to share our new game area! Our living room is long and skinny, and after our couch and tv stuff were in around our fireplace, we had the perfect space left over to do something fun with. The idea was to have some sort of small table, preferably counter height so the tv area was still visible, to play games at, work on the computer, or have a snack, drink, or whatever.  After hunting craigslist for a couple days, I lucked out and found just what I was hoping for. We had to drive to Huntington beach to pick it up, but for the awesome deal it was totally worth it for a table and four stools!
Right now we have all four stools in the living room, but will likely move two of the stools to the kitchen counter (when it exists : ) and then have the option to pull them back over whenever it would be helpful. 
 
I gathered all of our small card and dice games and put them into a cute blue box one of our wedding presents had been wrapped in. I am excited how well it matches with our throw pillows (Thanks Susan!) The other red box is one of those fun conversation cubes. Does anyone like to play that? I'm hoping if I leave it out, maybe it will get used. The bowl holds our dominoes. And remember that white cabinet hanging on the wall? Yep, it's the dart board! We will have to figure out exactly how to protect the floor really well in case of bounce back, but it's worth figuring out to have something so fun indoors where it will get used.
 
close up of the table
(also good sunny spot for breakfast)

In the future I hope to hang up some pictures and small shelves we have, and also create a home for our board games in this area, but in the meantime, come over and play!

2 comments:

Beauty to Unveil said...

Looks like the dart board is on the wall next to a sliding glass door? Perfect place for a narrow(possibly long) area rug for people to wipe their feet when they come inside. And can be adjusted to catch darts that bounce back.

Marissa said...

Thanks Paige! That's a really good idea!