We went to Vegas this weekend to celebrate March Madness. Yes, I said celebrate because to Pete it is a holiday--probably his favorite. : ) He and his brother had planned this trip since November, and were so excited for it to finally happen. This is the view from our hotel window:
Mostly, the guys watched lots and lots of basketball and I laid by the pool. We were lucky to have beautiful weather! We did take time at night though to walk and see some of the great hotels. The picture below is from inside part of the new City Center. We found the design and architecture really impressive. (There were people dining inside that crazy wood structure that sort of mimicked a tree house.)
I really liked this mirror in our hotel. We stayed at the Excalibur which I recommend only because it's so cheap, but our floor had actually recently been redecorated and it was pretty nice by Excalibur standards.
It was so nice to get away, have some fun, relax, and get excited to come back and do more work on our house.
We have some great things in the works for the next couple weeks. I'm going to be working on painting doors and replacing door handles. Pete is working super hard on the kitchen. And! next weekend we plan to install baseboards! My mom and Bruce are coming down and we are so excited for them to visit and of course for their awesome help. : )
Hope everyone has a great week!
Any fun plans in store?
2 comments:
So glad you guys had a good time in Vegas....it was definitely deserved with all the hard work you two have put into the house. Hope all is well and talk to you soon.
Matt
Missed you at Vienna's party! Sounds like a fun and relaxing trip. love, Susan
Post a Comment