Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Closet/Dressing Nook Update

Remember about a week ago I let you in on my plans for our closet area? Okay, well I finally have a picture update.
Long story short, I thought I had scored an unbelievable deal on curtains for the closets, which turned out to actually be unbelievable when they ended up to be all different lengths and too short. Oh well. So then I went to Ikea and got a more reasonable and realistic deal on curtains. Added plus, Ikea lived up to it's reputation of having super long curtains that I was able to wash and dry and still have plenty of length after shrinking.  The part I will cut short is the *many* times I managed to jack them up as I tried to hem and hang them. I'll just say that it included at one point hemming them too short and backwards (ugh!) and lots of curtain rods falling on my head as I took them up and down at least 10 times.  But it's all behind us now!

Here's a picture progress report:
before we bought it
(notice the corner of one very bright blue wall to the left and popcorn ceiling)
When we first moved in - pre-washer and dryer :)
The floor guys removed the closet doors and track to finish the floors
current
work to still do: baseboards, finish patching that wall, paint over patches, move light, hang mirror

but so much calmer! It makes our room much more relaxing.
Take that dang curtains!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how great this looks! Good job!