Monday, August 23, 2010

Fence


Our whole backyard is fenced now!  : )  Here are some pictures.
 Here I'm looking from the new north section into part of the old once-fenced section behind the garage. The metal posts by Pete are from the old fenced area and we plan to remove them. See old fenced area here.  Behind Pete and the Chimney is the first skinny section we fenced that comes off the living room and back bedrooms. We also plan to remove the huge Oleanders that run along the back of the yard. They take up about 6 feet from the back of the fence!
Pete and I switched places for this shot. He is standing in the new north side section.
See all these huge camellias? We plan to move them onto the slope along the fence line. I'm hoping they make it. Can't you imagine a hammock right here between those trees?
In this picture I'm standing in the back corner of the yard on the slope, looking towards the front of the house . It's hard to believe this all used to be covered in ivy.
I think it's a little difficult to imagine the space from the pictures, so I made a quick diagram. The fenced area in the backyard used to be very small, only a little area behind the garage, like this:
 
 and now looks like this: 
 
Fencing the backyard was one of our big goals for this house. I can't believe it's done already. Pete has worked so hard on this last section and done a great job.  We're so happy with our new backyard space!


No comments: