In reviewing my diet, I realized I needed to be doing better about eating more vegetables. Fruit, no problem. Vegetables, okay I could use some suggestions. Apparently they tell kids now to eat the rainbow. After grocery shopping Friday, I tried to do that literally. How pretty, right? Although, wow the yellow and orange are so good, they make the green taste totally crappy. : )
Seriously though, if you have any suggestions of good ways to eat fresh vegetables (that don't include onions or garlic) I'd love to hear!
2 comments:
I've gotten hooked on cucumber sandwiches. Thin layer of lite cream cheese on bread and slice the cucumber thinly and layer on! We love avocado on toast too! Not the 'greenest' of the veggies but still good. Use different 'greens' on sandwiches, like spinach or kale. Love watching your progress! xoxo
Kale chips. Better than potato chips in oh so many ways...
http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/03/baked-kale-chips/
Post a Comment