Sunday, March 29, 2009

Meal Review Continuation...

Broiled Asparagus

Tuesday's meal was pretty okay. Making the rice in broth instead of water was a fun change and did make it a bit more flavorful. Also, I really love asparagus, and just a little olive oil and salt really puts it over the top for me. Unfortunately, or meat wasn't that great. I continue to be frustrated by our Ralph's meat quality, and really need to remember to shop for it exclusively at Costco instead.

Classic Chicken Soup
On Wednesday, I was still battling a cold and chicken soup was a great choice. This was my third opportunity to cook a whole chicken and I was thankful that it came off without a hitch this time. You can see the recipe at the bottom of this post. I added a bowl full of chopped up carrots and celery, and another bowl of shredded chicken to make it legitimate chicken noodle. Yum!
Broccoli Alfredo
For Friday, we had Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli as inspired from this recipe. I skipped on the called for nutmeg and cayenne pepper to keep it simple--but fair warning--their sauce is funky! I followed the directions to a tee and it turned out watery with a big chunk of cheese goo floating around. Gross! Thankfully, I have a great recipe from the Betty Crocker's Cooking Basics
that you can find here online. Good everytime (although not great for you : ) and Pete loves it. Success!

(Disclaimer: I forgot to take pictures again, our food wasn't really this pretty : )

No comments: